Sunday, May 28, 2017

Seated with Christ, By Heather Holleman-Book Review

About the book:
"Many of us live half alive. We compare, compete, self-analyze, and self-promote in our endless, busy pursuit of perfection. Seated with Christ heralds a new kind of living. If it's true what Scripture says, that we are treasured by God and give a place at His table, then all we need to do is to take our seats. Heather Holleman shows us how. Joyfully sharing her journey to seated living, she invites us to walk out on the fight for acceptance, stop comparing ourselves to others, and leap free from cycles of shame. She tells of confidence that lets us celebrate the seats of others and be perfectly content with our own. Take your seat and love-simply, freely, fully-because of Jesus, for Jesus and in love with Jesus. Quit trying: be free."

This book came to me at the perfect time. Struggling with self-worth has always been an issue for me. "I'm a nobody. I'll never be enough."
Literally in the first chapter on the first and second page, Heather Holleman described what I was going through, (Paraphrasing) 
"I knew Jesus, I loved Jesus. I worshiped and served Him...I studied my bible, prayed, went to church, shared my faith...but something was missing.....my life was more about me. I wanted importance and recognition. I wanted love. I wanted something...(Ephesians 2:6) I was not living as one who had a seat at the table. I lived as one fighting for a seat at the table."
The Holy Spirit convicted me, giving me many epiphanies as I read this book. Showing me where I wasn't letting go and letting God...really showing me how I had an earthly view. 
I especially loved the Four Hard but Great Questions chapter, with the questions being; 1. Is Jesus better than anything? 2. Will I live the live God asks me to? 3. Is there anything in my life that doesn't please God? 4. Am I available to be Gods spokesperson?
All in all, a good read!
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment