Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Worlds Beast, Gods Beauty


I'm super excited for Disney's release of Beauty and the Beast (seriously, I fan girl scream when I see the preview!). 
I'm a Disney fanatic (Disney! Disney! Disney!), so I don't really have a "favorite" movie (how can you ask a mom to choose her favorite child).
With that said, Beauty and the Beast was one of my top watches. Belle is a brunette, I'm a brunette. She was obsessed with books, I'm obsessed with books. She wanted adventure, I want adventure.

I got to thinking how easily I can trap myself in the "Beast" category (the Beast kind of looks cat like, I have A LOT of cats; just kidding (not really)....
"Who could ever learn to love a beast,"
Have you ever caught yourself  thinking that? I'm a freak.
"Who could ever love me," -hopefully you don't refer you yourself as a beast.
 Who am I? I'm a nobody.
"As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope."
It's so easy to loose hope. When people you considered friends toss you aside. When people call you names because your dream is to be a stay at home mom. When people think you're crazy for caring about animals like I do. When you're an oddity because you don't cuss. When you're old fashioned because you won't have sex or move in with a man until you're married.

Taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture, we live in a fallen world,
"Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals." 2 Timothy 3:1-5 (MSG)
Being a christian doesn't mean every encounter is going to be all sun shine and daisies.
"Yes, an all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." 2 Timothy 3:12 (NKJV)
With every broken friendship is an opportunity. Who are you relying on? Who are you putting your trust in? Whose relationship is most important?
"Cursed is the strong one who depends on mere humans, Who thinking he can make it on muscle alone and sets God aside as a dead weight. He's like a tumbleweed on the prairie, out of touch with the good earth. He lives rootless and aimless in a land there nothing grows. But blessed is the man who trusts me, God, the women who sticks with God. They're like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers-never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season. The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." Jeremiah 17:5-10 (MSG)
 And most importantly, God loves me. God cares about me.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he care for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7 (NIV)
"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31 (NKJV)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 (NKJV)
God loves me for me. He made me. Yes, He wants me to become the godly women He knows I can be. But he loves my soft heart for animals. He understands my anxiety (and through Him I can overcome it). He applause my desire to follow Him and avoid temptation and sin.
In this earthly world people may see all my flaws, a nobody, a weirdo, the beast. But God sees the real me. Despite my short comings. Despite my flaws. Despite past sins. God loves me. He loves me! To Him, I'm the beauty.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment