Friday, January 20, 2017

Lord, Change my Attitude, By James MacDonald- Book Review


About the book:
We're very good at explaining why we're unhappy: bad job, bad relationship, bad luck. But there's probably a better reason: bad attitudes.
In Lord, Chance my Attitude, James MacDonald shows us just hoe much our attitudes affect our lives. One of his best sellers, this book is a classic. It's clear, inspiring and it packs a punch! 
Drawing from the experience of the Israelite's who grumbled through the wilderness, MacDonald shows how bad attitudes rob us of joy. 
Coveting, complaining and being critical are not what our hearts were made for! They were made for thankfulness, contentment, and love. Is your heart straining under the weight of a bad attitude?
Don't read this book if you are looking for a quick fix. Don't read this book if you're unwilling to change. Read it if you're ready for a serious, inside-out attitude adjustment."

Attitudes are a pattern of thinking formed over a long period of time. This is repeated throughout the book, over and over again; and it can't be said enough. The book covers 5 attitudes that we all struggle with, certain attitudes more than other. 
Each chapter covers an attitude and then is followed by a chapter of what to replace it with.
  1. Replace a Complaining Attitude....
  2. ...With a Thankful Attitude.
  3. Replace a Covetous Attitude...
  4. ...With an Attitude of Contentment.
  5. Replace a Critical Attitude...
  6. ...With an Attitude of Love.
  7. Replace a Doubting Attitude...
  8. ...With a Attitude of Faith.
  9. Replace a Rebellious Attitude...
  10. ...With an Attitude of Submission.
Our attitudes affect us. Example:
(Page 38-kind of paraphrased) "Maybe you're thinking to yourself that complaining's not a sin. Who am I really hurting....you're hurting yourself!  Complaints usually always lead to anger, bitterness and even depression."
Honestly, has complaining about your job or a person every made you like them more?
No one wants to admit that they are in control of their attitudes. It's so much easier to blame something; How can I be thankful when I work so hard and have nothing to show for it...how can I not be envious? My house is tiny....or even, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm just in a bad mood today.
When you start looking at your attitude like something you decide it'll change your life.
Yes right now I want to complain this or that, but I'm choosing to be thankful. Yes, a big house would be nice, but I own a beautiful small house...It's hard, but look at a bad attitude like a bad habit. Get rid of it!
I loved this book. Like, was constantly underlining and want to buy it for friends, love. 
5 out of 5!

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment