Friday, October 3, 2014

Your Foundation in Christ: Live By the Power of the Spirit, By Neil Anderson. Book Review

""Neil Anderson’s classic book, Victory Over the Darkness , has helped millions of readers find freedom in Christ as they experience spiritual breakthroughs. But is not enough to break free from the past. Those who want to grow in Christ must follow Him faithfully by learning about Him as a true disciple. Your Foundation in Christ is the third study in a series of eight “Victory in Christ” studies that show the believer how to grow in Christ by knowing and applying the truth about God. This six-session study also focused on the Holy Spirit and His ministry in the life of the believer, and shows Christians how to relate to one another with acceptance, affirmation and a forgiving heart.""
 
I'm going to start out and say this book was ok, I kind of liked it. 3 out of 5 stars.
The book contains six chapters (or sessions at is says above) and each chapter then contains several mini-chapters.
Each mini-chapter is short (we're talking two pages tops) followed by a series of questions. I was frustrated that some of the questions didn't really matching up to what you just read.
The chapters were OK to read, but at times it didn't seem to flow well. 
Though there were a few times I had those deep thought moments, over all I found myself just skimming the book and not really walking away inspired or refreshed.
Honestly, I didn't even finish the book, I found it boring, I got half way and then skimmed the rest. 
I haven't read the other book in this series (this is the third installment), but I don't think that has anything to do with my 'meh' feeling towards this book. 

I received this book through Baker Publishing group from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review.

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment