Ah, Proverbs 31.
One of the most quoted verses among Christian women (well, at least on Pinterest and on blogs).
But what does it mean to be a Proverbs 31 women?
Join me as I study each verse to discover what it means, and what it takes to become a Proverbs 31 woman.
- "Her husband is known in the city gates, taking his seat among the elders of the land." NRSV
- "Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat amongst the elders." NIV
- "Her husband is known in the gates, where he sitteth among the elders of the land." KJV
- "Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders." NLT
- "Her husband is greatly respected when he deliberates with the city fathers." MSG
I'm sure there are some who could and would read way into this one verse.
I, on the other hand, am going to make this a quick post.
This verse describes the husband as well known, favored and respected. And for a man to feel confident enough to do his job he needs a wife that respects and supports him.
Knowing that his wife has everything under control at home, a husband should be able to relax and get things done at work.
Another thought, the way we conduct ourselves in public should reflect well of the husband.
The influence of a women on her husband and family cannot be over emphasized.
Sometimes we are the only bible non-Christians read. We need to remember we are ambassadors of God.