Ah, Proverbs 31.
One of the most quoted verses among Christian women (well, at least on Pinterest and on blogs).
But what does it mean to be a Proverbs 31 women?
Join me as I study each verse to discover what it means, and what it takes to become a Proverbs 31 woman.
- "She opens her hand to the poor, and reaches out her hands to the needy." NRSV
- "She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the need." NIV
- "She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." KJV
- "She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy." NLT
- "She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor." MSG
1 John 3:18 says,
- "Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." MSG
God is pleased when we stop focusing on ourselves and put others first. By giving our time and energy to others, we're giving ourselves to God.
Helping others is a wonderful way to spread Christs love.