Thursday, September 25, 2014

I will praise You in the storm!

This has been an absolute awful year. 
We lost Abilene and her baby (my babydoll ewe) due to labor complication. Samwea (a call duck) was hit by a car. Fred (our sweet cat) lost his battle with FIP. Adelaida (a runner duck) was killed by something and now our hearts are breaking once again. 
Our sweet buck, Kerchak, died Tuesday evening. 
He had diarrhea, we had wormed him and was treating him with CD antitoxin, and giving him vitamin B, probiotics and  electrolytes in the water...We don't know what happened. He was fine, we gave him the antitoxin and an injectable dewormer, and 5 hours later he was dead.
One step forward two steps back, this year seems like such a struggle.
To add to everything above, all of our cars are breaking down, and though we're applying no one in my family can seem to find a job....
Focusing on the bad, only seems to hide any and all good that has happened, so, I'm finding the blessings in the terrible storm...
Everyone is healthy, my fall job starts back up this weekend (I'm actually going to price pumpkins today). We've sold all of our lambs!!!
One ram lamb sold right when he was old enough, a month or two later the remaining ram lamb sold. And we were left with the three ewe lambs, yesterday the nicest family came out and purchased the trio!!! Feeling so blessed and thankful about that!
We have our winters hay purchased!
My sister actually has money put aside for emergency's (like purchasing a new buck). We're currently talking to someone selling registered alpine bucks.
I love my family, I'm very blessed that my sister and mom are my best friends.
We had some family friends drop off a bunch of produce, we put away 35 bags (6 cups each) of sweet corn off the cob!
We had a neighbor drop off corn husks for the goats, and in one bag she had corn she didn't feel like shucking (she had enough stored away) that we froze on the cob- we have three dinners worth there. My brothers friends gave him some green beans-4 bags (4 dinners) frozen. My dad and brother have private land they can hunt on this fall, so hopefully we'll get more deer for the freezer...
God is good. Through the storm He is there!!! Through everything I have felt God with me, comforting me. 
"This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him." Psalm 91:2
Through everything my faith has seemed to only get stronger, praying has become more and more of a need and want than a have to. 
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Philippians 4:6
God is in control.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28
To quote a Casting Crowns song,  And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands. For You are who You are, no matter where I am. And every tear I've cried you hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment