Friday, August 1, 2014

25 Days of Prayer for my Furture Husband

While it may feel that God is making me wait forever, I know He is still preparing me (looking back it's amazing how much I've grown in just the past three years, but that's another post).
I also know that He may still be working on my future husband.
God sees the whole picture and only He knows when I'm truly ready. And who knows, my future husband may be as stubborn as I was a few years back...But I'm patient and have faith.

I can't step into my future husbands shoes and make the right decisions for him, but I can pray for him everyday as he battles all of Satan's attacks to bring him down and prevent him from growing closer to God.
And the sooner I start praying, the better it it. Which is why I feel it's good and important to pray for him, long before we meet.
By praying for him I'm joining him in battle to help him become the godly man he can and should be.

Day 1
Proverbs 3:5
Accept Jesus Christ as his Savior
Lord I pray that my future husband gives his life, both mind and heart, to You. I pray he comes to know You deeply and that he trusts in You everyday, no matter what life brings.
   
Day 2
2 Peter 3:18
Spiritual Growth
Lord I pray that he grows spiritually. And that he guards his heart against contamination by temptation, lust, arrogance and everything in between. I pray he develops spiritual habits such as reading and studying the bible, praying, and that he has strong christian friends and role models. 
 
Day 3
 Matthew 24:46
A Servants Heart
Lord I pray that he lives to serve You and do Your will. Let him follow and obey You, in every aspect of his life.
 
Day 4
 1 Corinthians 11:3
Family Spiritual Leader
Lord I pray You prepare my future husband to become the spiritual leader of our family. Help him become strong and knowledgeable in You so he may lead us and raise up our children so that we may become a strong Christian family.
 
Day 5
Proverbs 28:14
Relationship with God
Lord I pray that his relationship with You strengthens him. I pray he becomes a wise and understanding man who fears the Lord.
 
Day 6
John 15:5
A Humble Heart
Lord I pray that he understands his dependence on You, and that he understands who You truly are. I pray he cares for others and isn't full of pride and arrogance. 
 
Day 7
1 Peter 3:7
Loving Leadership
Lord I pray he grows in his leadership skills, ready to protect and provide for me (and our future family). I pray when we marry he leads me wisely, and loves me sacrificially, so that we can glorify You in our marriage.
 
Day 8
Genesis 2:24
A Faithful Future Husband
  Lord I pray that he remains faithful to You. I pray that when we marry he will be faithful to his wedding vows. That he will have a desire to work on and strengthen our relationship as a sign of love and commitment to me and as a picture of Christ's love for the Church.
 
Day 9
1 Corinthians 15:58
 Excelling at work
 Lord I pray that he finds a career he enjoys. I pray that he is willing to work hard, to the best of his ability, to provide for his family. I pray that the qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character. I pray he has strength, persistence, determination, a positive attitude and positive relationship with people.
 
Day 10
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
 An Unwavering Heart
Lord I pray that my future husband loves the righteous and hates the wicked. I pray that he recognizes and avoids evil. I pray that he not be tempted and that if necessary, he takes a strong stance against evil and doesn't back down from it.

Day 11
Micah 6:8
A Safeguarded Heat
Lord I pray that he safeguards his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex. I pray that his heart remains pure and undivided in his commitment to You, and one day me.
 
Day 12
Hebrews 13:5
Financially Wise
Lord I pray that he handles his finances wisely. I pray that he has good judgement concerning budgeting and investment. And that he will handle the family's money properly in regards to giving to The Lord. I also pray that money does not become a source of disagreement and stress amongst our family. 
 
Day 13
Psalm 25:21
An Honest Heart
Lord I pray that he will develop strong integrity and not compromise his beliefs. I pray that he will be honest in his business dealings and that his words will be true.
 
Day 14
Colossians 3:21
Wonderful Father
 Lord I pray that he has a heart for our children. I pray that he disciplines them wisely and loves them unconditionally. I pray he leads our children to You by example, and shows them how to trust You with every aspect of their lives.
 
Day 15
Ephesians 5:25-28
Loving Husband
Lord I pray he loves me deeply. I pray that He places me second in his life after You. 

Day 16
Proverbs 13:20
Christian Friends
Lord I pray he chooses his friends wisely. I pray that You bring him friends who will encourage and remind him of his accountability before You. I pray that they do not lead him to sin, but rather lead him to good things that bring glory to You.

Day 17
1 Corinthians: 6:19-20
Healthy Life
Lord I pray that he will choose a healthy, God-honoring lifestyle. I pray that stays active and eats healthy, not treating body like it's disposable, so that he may better serve You. I pray that he does not become addicted to questionable habits or hobbies.

Day 18
Ephesians 3:16
A godly Man
Lord I pray he grows from a christian guy and becomes a godly man. I pray he models his life after Christ and strong men of faith. I pray that he is physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and especially spiritually strong.

Day 19
James 1:19
A man of Patience
Lord I pray that he becomes a man of patience. I pray that he will not give in to anger, but will allow You to calm him so he doesn't say something he regrets. 

Day 20
Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the Lord
Lord I pray that he turns to You in times of great trials. I pray that he, finds peace in You, and submits to Your timing.

Day 21
Proverbs 12:26
Closeness to his Family
Lord though I pray that he is close to his family. I also pray that if his family is doing more harm than good, if they are bringing him down spiritually and coming between his relationship with You; I pray you guide him to break the bonds. 

Day 22
1 Timothy 2:8
A Man of Prayer
Lord I pray he will be a man of prayer. I pray he seeks You not only in good times but also in bad. I pray that he will pursue You in purposeful quiet times.

Day 23
Mark 11:25
A man of Forgiveness
Lord I pray that he practices forgiveness in all his relationships. I pray he lets go of resentment and grudges and that he notices and lets go when he is becoming bitter. I also pray that he forgives himself of this of his past, and give all his troubles to You.

Day 24
1 Timothy 6:8
A man of Contentment
Lord I pray that no matter where he is in life, that he in content. I pray that even if he is not where he wants to be, he trusts you and knows he's where he needs to be at the moment.   

Day 25
Proverbs 31
Lord I pray he has a Proverbs 31 wife. Help me become the wife he needs.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment