Monday, January 27, 2014

What a cold winter!

I'm so done with this cold weather! It's suppose to be 10 below tonight...but as I type this the weather man just said come Saturday it'll be near 50, so only a few more days of wicked cold weather (I can do this...I can do this..)!
I was telling my mom that if I was to ever move to Montana, I'd have requirements...
Running water in all the barns would be a must. Nice horse stalls, and I'd want to be able to have square bales for all of my animals (the entire winter supply in storage). Electric in all the barns with safe outlets, so if needed we could use heat lamps. A nice indoor arena, to turn out my horses when it's really windy/snowy out...same thing for my other critters...My home would need to be very energy efficient, (i.e. you don't feel wind coming up from the floor boards). I'd either need to have enough money to pay the heating bill or have solar panels to offer free power to heat my home. I'd want to be able to have a good months supply of food/necessities in storage, just in case....oh, and just for the novelty of it, I'd like a fire place.

We're all out of hay...we've paid for 27 large round bales, but won't get then until later this week...But thankfully my older brother is going to bring home a round bale today, which will last us until we get the other bales...
We've lost three barn kittens this year....A cold was spreading through all of our barn cats, with the older cats, the cold seemed to run it's course, they're fine now...But we guess the kittens were just to young, we even tried bringing them inside, where they seemed to put up more of a fight, but sadly in the end, lost. The last kitten from the litter is currently inside...His eye is...messed up....We can't afford to go to the vet, but we're doing all we can to help him...

Samantha and I learned something new about ducks the other day...When they lay on ice, did you know that they tuck the feet under their wings!! It's so cute to see!!

Stay warm my dear readers!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment