Saturday, January 4, 2014

Negative What?!?

Ohio is expecting an "Arctic Tundra" this week. According to the news, with the wind chill Tuesday temperature will by -40. Yes, you read the right, negative 40! I feel like I'm scrambling to make sure all of my babies stay safe and warm. Heat lamps are out of the questions since the barns electric decided to stop working earlier this winter, so our only choice is lots of straw and lots of hay to eat...

...On the 26th Samantha and I noticed that an eye of one of our barn kittens was really swollen. The area around the eye was all swollen and the eye was bulging out. It look just like Mama Cat's eye when she was kicked by a horse or hit by a car...With the cold weather and dusty barns we decided to bring her to our infirmary, aka, the bathroom...Up until the 1st, she was a happy, purring, eating kitten. Over night she stopped eating, purring and standing. She just laid they meow, trying to stand to come to us...Shortly after midnight, I went to brush my teeth before going to bed, she was so much worse. So I held her, and talked to her. I told her not to be afraid that Princess will take care of her, and that I loved her...she passed away in my arms, and I cried...

My brother told me that he would never own animals if he loved them as much as I did...

We have 16 barn cats, none of them we wanted. 6 were drop offs and from them came kittens. We barely have enough money to care the animals we have, there was no way we could afford getting those cats fixed. But, we're caring people and aren't going to make animals suffer because of their irresponsible owners.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment