Thursday, January 23, 2014

2013 Favorites

I've never done a post like this, and normally people post then right before (or after) the new year...Well, I'm lazy and didn't get around to posting (er, um, ok,  make that writing) it until now.
These are my 2013 book, movie, and song favorites.

We'll start with my favorites or all favorites, books.
I love books. I read a lot. According to Goodreads I read 107 books in 2013 (not my record, but I stayed busy this summer).
For my nonfiction category (which are actually most of my books this year) two stand out;
  • The Women of Christmas, by Liz Curtis Higgs. I really loved this book; and rather than fill space here, check out my blog on it HERE.
  • *Raising Boys by Design, by Gregory L. Jantz PHD and Michael Gurian. Yet another book I wrote a review about, check it out HERE.
Now, unfortunately I wasn't truly impressed with any fiction book, so I don't have any for that category. 
Moving from books to movies. I did my best and only chose my top 7. You have no idea how are it was to only choose 7, 2013 was a great year for movies...
  • World War Z...this movie, oh, my, gosh! I went to see it in theaters with my sister and sister-in-law, and the moment it started my adrenaline was up! -My favorite zombie movie!
  • Pacific Rim... Maybe it's because it remind me (and my siblings) of our childhood anime series and movies. But this movie was a lot of fun. I loved it, so you should go check it out!
  • Thor 2: The Dark World...I'm a geek at heart, I love Marvel movies..and plus it has Tom Hiddleston.
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug..Need I say more?
  • Frozen...Absolutely amazing!!! I love Disney movies!
  • Monsters University...I waited 12 years for this!
  • Star Trek into the Darkness...Again, I'm a major geek...Loved the first movie and I love this one too... Also, Benedict Cumberbatch stars in it, love him in Sherlock and I love him in this!
Time for music favorites;
  • RUNAGROUND, he does amazing covers, check him out HERE.
  • Sleeping at Last, oh my goodness, I love this band! Seriously, check it out, HERE and HERE.
I think that's it for this year...I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year with lots of new favorites!


Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment