Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Time is near...

Today is the last day of November, tomorrow brings a new month and with it the Christmas season.
My dad spend a good two weeks in the hospital, four of those days he spent in ICU, and there was even a night we thought we might loose him...He's home now and is recovering...he hasn't been taking his pain medication (except at night, to help him sleep) because he's training his body to cope with the pain so he can return to work as soon as possible. He's hoping to return to work the 4th.....
We've been so blessed with such an amazing group of friends!! When my dad was in the hospital, our car went out of commission and needed it's brake lines fixed, so friends from church got together and someone gave us their van to use. Then, a group my dad is apart of banned together and paid to fill our nearly empty propane tank! We've had people drop off money to help with bills and people drop off groceries to help us eat! And for a week after my dad came home from the hospital people dropped off dinners every night!
God is so good to have blessed my family with such amazing and caring friends! They are truly the perfect example of brothers and sisters in Christ!

This Christmas is going to be different for my family. Our normal tradition is to go and cut our own Christmas tree, but with dad being out of work for so long, we can't justify going and spending that money...also, since dad was out of work, mom and dad might not be able to afford any Christmas gifts...we've already told mom and dad that it's OK, but it's Christmas and they're sad they can't buy anything...
No tree or gifts from my parents, but that's just fine because that's not what Christmas is about. I'm focusing on the true meaning of Christmas; a little baby named Jesus....Yes, I am a little bummed (Christmas is my holiday remember?), but I still can afford a few gifts for my family and we have other decorations to set out...and then, there's always next year!
In the mean time, I'll spend my time thanking God for all he has blessed me with.
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment