Friday, October 11, 2013

All-in 2nite- by Lynne Burgess

"All-In Night is a family routine. For one night of the week everyone stays home. By spending ten to twenty minutes together, you can learn and talk about the things that matter. Following on from Lynne's original book this set of new activities is designed especially with Christian families in mind. An activity or discussion point each week. The book includes 40 weeks of activities, designed as 1 per week of the school year.Activities include love languages, listening for God, self-esteem, the fruits of the spirit and many more. These fun and simple family activities provide an opportunity to grow values, goals, hopes, feelings and the foundation for a Christ led life. All-in Night works with two kids or ten. Let it become the heart of your family's life."

I was excited about the premise of this book, setting aside one night a week (for 40 weeks) to spend time with your family teaching them about God (in a fun way). Now, more than ever, families are drifting apart. They eat dinner in front of the television, there are no family game nights and the closest thing to a conversations families have involve texting.
As I have stated in the past, I don't have any children, as I am not married, but one of my many past times includes learning (about many things) but especially about Christian living & relationships (it's never to early to start learning). It's a small book, filled with bible versus and fun activities, it is a fun and easy read. The concept is wonderful and I think that it's a great book that parents and grandparents can take a hint and learn from. I loved the topics the author touched on, and I feel that this book is a nice way to draw closer as a family and a nice (fun) was to lead your children closer to God...with that being said, I wasn't wowed by this book, I feel like everything in the book you could easily thought of, or found of the internet; the books just nicely put it in book forum to have handy.
I would suggest this book to all parents, I am glad I read (and own) this book, but out of 5 stars I give it 4.
As a courtesy to the publisher and author of the book (I'm not getting paid), I'd like to offer a link if anyone is interested in buying this book, check it out HERE.
I received this book to review through BookCrash. I was encouraged to express my full opinion. I also want to thank both BookCrash and the publisher for allowing me to read and review this book.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment