Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall is just around the corner....

I truly can not believe that it is just two weeks from October!
We haven't started battening down the hatches for winter yet, but we have started making lists...

Also, I have an announcement to make!
A few weeks ago Samantha and I made a bold decision, took a leap, and decided to expand our babydoll herd. We stumbled across a truly great deal and just could not say no (it was meant to be), so our herd has grown by two ewes!
When we purchased them (about three weeks ago), the owner still hadn't had them sheared! So, again, with five heads to shear come spring, we decided to make and investment and buy electric shears. Shearing with electric shears is so much easier than with scissors!!!
They are two cuties! I chose another white ewe, and Samantha chose a black ewe (the only black ewe in the herd). I'll work on posting pictures, things have been crazy around here.

Samantha's ewe lamb will be heading to her new home this weekend! Now we just have to work on selling Samson....

We'll be putting Perseus in with the ewes in soon...Since our buck is not related to any of our does we'll be breeding several of our girls this year...Dorothy and Annabell as usual but we're also planning on breeding Coraline, Gemma, and Naomi. We're not breeding Sophie (she's retired) and I'm not ready to breed my little Tianna....

Are you ready for fall? Or do you long for more summer days? I'm an optimist and I enjoy all four seasons, so I go with the flow....
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment