Friday, August 9, 2013

Priceless Stones by James Revoir

"Journey with the author on a forty-two day quest to unearth the amazing goodness of God which lies hidden in the original Hebrew language of the Old Testament. Along the way you will discover....His merciful forgiveness. His intimate love. His powerful protection. And so much more!"

A nice read that includes insight from the original Hebrew words, which helps readers understand God’s Word more fully and how we are to apply it to our lives.  Each day’s reading contains a Scripture, prayer, declaration, and thought-provoking questions (which, unlike most, I actually enjoyed answering). The back of the book also contains an English-Hebrew Glossary, Hebrew-English Glossary, and a Scripture Index.
I found it very interesting and enjoyed learning the Hebrew words and the definitions. The book is a nice size and the chapters are short (I'm talking two pages long), so it is a nice devotional if you have a busy schedule. I liked each chapter and the authors writing style, it made for an enjoyable read. One thing I wasn't to fond of was how (in most chapters) the author didn't give the meaning of a word until the middle of the chapter.
Ultimately, I have to say, unfortunately, the book didn't provoke deep though for me. As stated above, I did enjoy it and for a fun read I would recommend it, but it's not a book for deep, though provoking, insight. It is good book, just not the best. If you are looking for a fun, light read about Christian living and God, this is a book I would recommend.
As a courtesy to the publisher and author of the book (I'm not getting paid), I'd like to offer a link if anyone is interested in buying this book, check it out HERE

I received this book to review through BookCrash. I was encouraged to express my full opinion. I also want to thank both BookCrash and the publisher for allowing me to read and review this book.
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment