Thursday, August 1, 2013

Great loss and heart break....

Monday, July 29, 2013, Samantha and I decided to go to the library...we then decided to go to Rural King to get feed for the sheep and for Fubar. For those of you who have never been to one it's like an enhanced-tractor supply, where you can get free popcorn to munch on while you shop...we then went to Half Price Book Store to sell some book, dvds and books on tape. We were expecting a couple bucks for these three bags full, but we go $50 for all of them! it was awesome! It was a good, fun day....that is, until it was time to do the evening chores....

We started in the girls barn, as usual. I fed the sheep and then made my way to feed Fubar. As I left the girls barn I glanced over to the boys yard where I notice Fubar laying flat on the concrete part of the yard.
"Fubar, what are you doing silly? Are you hungry?" ....he didn't move....
"Fubar, are you ok?!" I said as I quickly made my way out of the girls yard (forgetting to drop the girls water buckets next to the water trough)....I yelled again and he still didn't move, I dropped the buckets and ran to the boys gate, pushed my way past the waiting goats and ran over to him....
"Fubar?" My heart sank and all I could say was, "Samantha," before I started sobbing, "Fubar's dead."

I sobbed and sobbed as I knelt down looking away from my sweet Fubar...Samantha went back to the house to get dad and Spencer to bury him...All the other goats surrounded me as I cried, sticking there faces in mine as if asking what was wrong....
Dad, Spencer, and Colton made there way out to bury Fubar as I cried and finished chores.

He turned 4 back in May...he was fine the night before, and from what I can remember he was fine that morning....I miss Fubar....He was a good buck, my sweet, beautiful boy...I remember introducing Todd and Copper to the herd and he was so sweet and good with them. I remember during winter time doing morning chores Fubar would have Todd and Copper sleeping next to and on him.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment