Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When God Writes Your Love Story: The Ultimate Approach to Guy/Girl Relationships, By Eric and Leslie Ludy

About the book:
""In their most popular book, bestselling authors Eric and Leslie Ludy challenge singles to take a fresh approach to relationships in a culture where love has been replaced by cheap sensual passion. When God Writes Your Love Story shows that God's way to true love brings fulfillment and romance in its purest, richest, and most satisfying form. This new edition includes an extra chapter from Leslie Ludy about the surprises of life after marriage!
“I had dreamed of a perfect love story for my entire life. But somewhere in the midst of the endless cycle of temporary romances, my dreams had shattered.” How can I find a love worth waiting for?
Lay the foundation now—whether you’ve met your future spouse or not—for a lifelong romance. Bestselling authors Eric and Leslie Ludy invite you to discover how beautiful your love story can be when the Author of romance scripts every detail.
Story Behind the Book
Eric and Leslie Ludy want to offer an exciting vision of hope, proving that the Author of romance is alive and well and that true and lasting love can become a reality. Using the “four secrets to an amazing love story,” Eric and Leslie present a Christ-centered approach to building a relationship that will stand the test of time.""



This book was amazing and very inspirational to me.
It really opened my eyes to see how relationships should be; the way God wants them to be...One cool thing about this book is that it wasn't written for one gender; it was written by a husband and wife who took turns writing chapters (one from a guys point of view and one for a girls).
Reading this book, I really started to think of my future husband as a real person and how I wanted to please him (even though I don't know him..yet)...it also gave great points about waiting.
I will never look at romantic relationships the same way. This book isn't about christian dating, marriage or purity, it's far more than that! It's about handing the pen to God and letting Him write your love story.
Almost everyone I know (they're not friends, just people I know) sleep around and don't see why I think it's a big deal, so it was refreshing to see that someone has the same standards... somewhere in the book Eric mentions how people are making fun of him, asking (and stating), "How will you know what you want if you don't date around? You're young, just have fun! So long as you don't cross the line you're good." His response?
"God created the Heavens and Earth...I think he know better than I do about what I want..."
I'm paraphrasing of course, but you get the point...
So many people tell you to get out there, meet people, and that your standards are to high...but, getting out there, and dating for fun (with people I know) I would have to drastically lower my expectations and standards, and why should I? I hold my self to high expectation, so why shouldn't I hold my future husband to those same expectations. I know that God has someone for me, he's out there, and God is preparing me for him (God is also preparing him for me).
This book will inspire people to wait on God and trust in Him. It will help you understand why you need to take relationships seriously if you want a God-centered (and God-WRITTEN) "love story".
I would recommend this book to anyone who is single and wants to have a relationship the way God planned.
I didn't win this book, and it's not a book I received through any publishing. It's just a book I picked up off of my local library's shelf. But never the less, I loved this book so much I decided it deserved a blog review. 
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment