Saturday, June 15, 2013

Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love By Dannah Gresh

I've discovered the more I love a book, the harder it is for me to write a review...but I've gotta try!! I also have to add, don't let the title fool you, it's not what you think!

Get Lost: Your Guide to Finding True Love
""Have you ever ditched a friend for a guy? Filled your journal with more thoughts about guys than God? Found yourself jealous because that other girl gets all the dates? Maybe it’s time to get lost—in God.
Discover how to get so lost in God that a guy has to seek Him to find you.
Dannah Gresh traces God’s language of love through Scripture to help you pursue your heart’s deepest desires and seek love the way God designed it to be. Because once you identify your true longings and let God answer them, you’ll know just how to respond when romantic love comes along.
With a guided ten-day Love Feast Challenge, Get Lost will help you see for yourself how getting lost in God opens the door to lifelong fulfillment.""


First, let me begin by saying, I feel that though this book was written for young teenage girls, it would be a good read for any age and even relationship status. 
The book focus's on God, and developing a relationship with Him...so often we go after boys to fill the desire to be loved, while we ignore God, who has ever lasting love for us. Even if you're dating (or even married) the book teaches you to strive to have a close relationship with God because that's where true fulfillment comes from. Maybe you married young, trying to fill the need to feel loved, without a relationship with God, no man will fill the emptiness in your heart. 
Because this book is written for teens, it's super easy and not intimidating if you're hesitant and not sure how to deepen your relationship with God...
Though I say the book is written for teens-it's not written childishly. What I mean by it is, it's simple;
Dannah is a wonderful author you can relate to. She gets right to the heart of the issue and emphasizing that what you really need is a strong relationship with God because no man is ever going to give you everything you need. 
Included in this book Dannah walks you through a 10 day "love feast" and finally the fulfillment. She talks about guys and God and how we get them confused....we start trying to get guys attention, to get guys approval, all the while ignoring God.
As I read this book, I dedicated every morning (before I even turn the computer on) to God. I spend at least 20 minutes, reading the bible, praying, talking to God and reading other Christian living books...as I read this book, I stopped caring about catching a guys eye (or even finding a guy)...My optimism, confidence and love for and desire to please God went up; this book helps change the way you look at things. And I would definitely recommend it! 
For more information, check out these links;
Authors Website 
Read chapter one!! 
More Information  

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this book review.
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment