Monday, May 20, 2013

Congratulations my dear brother!

The 18th was my brothers wedding, so I just wanted to say congratulations to him! The wedding was beautiful and I was so happy to be apart of it!

We're still waiting on Esmeralda to lamb; she's big enough to pop any day now! Yesterday, I rigged up a gate so I could have the sheep out in the back field while the goats are out in the front. Today is the first day Abilene and her lambs (who I'm calling Delilah and Samson-I can't just call them girl and boy) are let out early...I left her in her stall for three days to make sure she and her lambs were well acquainted. And then I'd let them out for an hour or so, while I was out there...but today they're out bright and early, so I keep worrying one's lost or stuck....I also worry because we live next to a road that someone might decided to take a lamb (they are adorable and irresistible!) 
The dreaded tail banding will be done tonight...I'm not looking forward to that! We don't have an ear tagger yet....

We forgot to collect duck eggs for at least a week, and turns out, we have to nests of eggs that Adelaide and Keiko are sitting on...so we decided to go ahead and let them sit; if the eggs hatch we'll sell them for super cheap.

With the wedding-and all the rain (we couldn't till) we still haven't planted the rest of our garden...we still have time, but we're rapidly running out of time....
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24


No comments:

Post a Comment