Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All done shearing for this year!

Finally, all three of our sheep have been sheared! Ugh,  I really hope next year we have electric shears! Using scissors takes forever!! But it had to be done, and I love my sheepers! 
If I had to place a bet, I'd say that our ewes are bred! They've started to develop udders and they look a but round! Here's hoping and praying they are! It'd be such an awesome blessing if they lamb!
We were planning on till the garden the other day, but it rained....and then it rained more, and more and a little more....but we did plant a pepper plant and two tomato plants in containers on the porch. I need to harvest asparagus to put in the freezer...
The horse fields are growing nicely! I wish we could get them fenced in so the goats and sheep could be put out there...but yet another pipe dream until I get a job...
I have our two chicken tractors occupied, one tractor has four hens and the other three. 

Samantha has one more final to take and then she's all done for this semester! Which works out perfect- her summer job starts up next week. 
Only 10 more days till my brothers wedding! I'm excited, I don't get a chance to dress up working on a farm. And being a bridesmaid, I get to wear a real fancy dress and pretty glitter heel (which I made !)

Today is my dear baby girl, Princess's, 14th birthday! And for her birthday, she get's a can of cat food-no dry food for you today my love!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment