Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rant Post

To be honest, I'm in a bit of a bad mood. One of those moods where all you want to do is rant and complain. Maybe it's because we still don't have hot water or heat or because it's Wednesday, who really knows...So, that's what I'm going to do with this entry, my rant will have a point and may make you think, but for the most part, it's just to make me feel better. If you don't like rants, don't bother reading this post.

Something that drives me nuts is when people tell me to get a job. As if it's some easy feat...Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Let me saddle up my horse and ride off into job-ville where jobs are a plenty...Just get a job? Really? I don't exactly live in the middle of job central here. I mean, seriously, my dad who was two classes away from having a Doctorate can't even get a job. Just get a job, psh, what? The job I do isn't good enough? Running a farm isn't exactly easy! Oh, you mean a 'real job' don't you, well, I'm sorry you think my work isn't good enough. And to be honest, I don't want a "real job".  

My next rant has to do with SMPDA- Social Media Public Display of Affection.
I'm all for occasionally (as in when you do it, I can't remember the last time you did it) making your status, or commenting on their wall, "I love my (wife/hubby/bf/gf), they're so great. Today they blah, blah, blah.I'm so lucky..."
I have a lot of married and 'in a relationship friends', I get it, you're happy and I am happy for you. But seriously, the only reason one posts about it, is to brag and show off. If you're happy they're in your life, once or twice a year make it public, but every other gosh dang time you want them to know how you feel message or text them! And please, don't try to even say, "Oh, when you have a boyfriend..." NO! When I have a boyfriend I don't want our relationship being studied by our friends. I'll post once in a very great while, when he does something amazing, but no more! I'm not going to write up a paragraph and post it for the world to see why he's awesome and I don't deserve him.

And I'll leave you with this rant....If you want to be in a relationship you need to get out and find the guy.
This one really erks me. Oh, really, it's just so easy to find the right guy if I just look? Almost every single one of my 'in a relationship' friends have told me this.
Really? Let us see shall we? Where did you meet you other half?
Through friends-at their parties/get together's? Well, I practically don't have any friends, let alone friends that have parties (not even counting the fact IF my friends had parties most of the people invited are married or in a relationship).
Through school (High School or college). Well, I'm out of High School and I'm not going to college so there's no meeting a guy through school for me....
Oh, so I should just "go out and do stuff?", like what Sherlock...I mean really, "just find the guy", saying this makes you sound like a hypocrite when you didn't go looking now did ya!

And so ends my rant...I really do feel better now.
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment