Thursday, January 10, 2013

No Heat or Hot Water

One of the many joys of living in an old farm house; things are never boring.
I mentioned in a past post about how, since December 27th, our furnace has been broken. And about how, the type of furnace we have works both the heat and hot water. So, for 15 days we've been without both.
In addition to dressing in several layers, we've been using kerosene heaters, so, as for the heat we're doing ok.
The hot water on the other hand...
We're back to washing dishes by hand (without the hot water the dishwasher doesn't work). And though that may not seem like much, we're talking about 6 grown people and always homemade dinners, trust me, that's a lot of dishes.
But the biggest issue is showering.
I don't know about you, but ice water showers mid-winter, well that's not any fun. Sponge bath it is; we have to boil water (add cool to make it warm), and then wash our hair and body using a red solo cup...I feel quit silly sitting in the bath tub using a cup to rinse soap off me...but, it does bring into perspective how much we take heat and especially hot water for granted...which brings me to another point;
How's you 1000 things list? Not sure what I'm talking about? Read my post here. I have a lot of deep thinking to do, as I only have 26.

Well, I hope you all are doing well, oh, I'm excited because it's warmer here, so warm we're able to use the hose to water the animals!!
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment