Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5th; Christmas Craft & Grinch Dinner

 December 5th
HOPE-"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in Scriptures and the encouragement they provide, we might have hope." ~Romans 15:4

Heavenly Father,
Bring us hope in times of sorrow. Bring us hope in times of fear. God, show us that there is always hope when we trust in You. ~Amen~



Samantha and I had a Christmas craft making "party" we each chose a craft we wanted to make and popped in a movie (ok, it wasn't a Christmas movie, it was The Labyrinth), but here are the crafts we made;
 
 It's not the best picture in the world, and my reflection in the ornament looks really funky, but you get the idea. I make a Mickey Mouse ornament (I love Disney) I got the idea for it from this blog here. 
All you need is a red ornament, I used what I had which was a shiny ornament, but I think a matte finished ornament would work better. A black marker, I used the cheapest sharpie I found at the store (it would of been quicker if I paid more for a thicker tipped marker, but I'm can spend more just to make it easier). And then two buttons and glue. I used elmers glue but it took forever to dry, and I had to tape my buttons down because they kept sliding down. So I would suggest you use hot glue or maybe super glue.
I took a plastic cup (like a bathroom cup-mine actually came out of my animal first aid kit) and traced a circle onto of the ornament. I then colored it in using my black marker. I took my two buttons and glued them on the front and ta-da, a pretty, kind of classy, mickey ornament.  
Samantha made a felt dachshund ornament (it just sits on top of a branch, there's no hanger). It was also really easy to make. 
On a piece of paper, trace the outline of dachshund (or whatever), cut it out, pin it to the felt, and cut two out. Then, stitched the ornament around the edge, she didn't hide the stitching she just stitched the edged (Like a blanket stitch, through the top, out the bottom, around back to top...) right before it was all stitched up, she stuffed it, sewed it closed them made felt mistletoe for both sides.

Yesterday I had my How the Grinch Stole Christmas Dinner, you can find all the recipes here.
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24


No comments:

Post a Comment