Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11th More DIY Christmas Decor

December 11th

OBEDIENCE- “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.” ~James 1:22-25

God,
I wish you please you Lord, teach me the meaning of obedience. Help me do you will, for I know on my own I will fail. ~Amen~

First, here is my paper mache snowman, I made him several years ago.
You need two balloons, blow them up different sizes, and cover them with paper mache ( cover the small one completely (leaving no hole to pop the balloon). And in the bigger one, leave a space to fit the smaller balloon)
The legs are paper mached paper towel tubes. 
Cut two holes in the bottom of the 'body', insert the paper towel tubes into each hole. I used tape to hold them in place, and then paper mached over the tape. 
For the arms I used folded pieces of paper painted red (with a wire running through so I can shape the arms). The mittens are painted cardboard. To attach the arms to the body, I poked a hole of either side of the body thread part of the wire through, tied a knot then taped it down. 
The nose is a folded cardboard piece painted orange. I attached it by super glue, then taping in place then paper macheing over the tape.
 Now that you have the arms and legs attached and nose on the head, place head, small size down, into the opening of the body (if you left the hole to big you may need to 'make a neck' from cardboard, and if it's to small, use a knife and cut it bigger.) Tape the head in place and paper mache over, paint a cute face and place a scarf on the snowman. (The wire I used for the arms wasn't strong enough so I had to add a wire to hold up the waving hand. I also added a snowball made from stuffing).

Also in this picture, is a painting quoting 'The Polar Express' movie; I love that movie! I free handed the words (I forgot the word 'truly' and had to squeeze it in), onto a painted canvas and attached a pretty bell with red ribbon.
 I took wood letters to spell out a Christmas/winter themed word, I painted each letter festively and have them balanced above my bedroom door. 

Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment