Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas season is here

Ok, maybe December doesn't start until tomorrow, but still, we're so close!
It's been almost a month since I've blogged, let's see where to begin.... The place where I work in October, once the season was over they let Samantha and I take all the extra pumpkins again, and they let us pick some corn from their maze. For a while Samantha was really sick (she actually was in the Hospital for a week) so I've been doing everything on our to-do list. I almost have Abilene and Esmeralda's stall built. I just have to put up a small section of wall, but this board blocking the doorway and then just build the gate.
With dads help I cut the board blocking the back chicken coop from the front (now we can walk through without ducking.) I moved the nesting boxes into the back, to help keep the chickens from pecking the eggs, and keep the eggs cleaner....
A few weeks ago, as the fields around us were being harvest, I went to do chores and found a huge opossum trying to get into the chicken coop, I quickly ran back and got Spencer so he could get rid of it (yes, as in kill it).
I got another load of square bales in, about 96 bales.
I've been the one doing chores in the morning (and for over a month -because Samantha was sick-I was doing them at night by myself too-but she's back to helping). The horses have started getting hay both in morning and at night now...Oh, few weeks ago, a harvest truck spilt corn all over the road right in front of our house and Spencer ran out to clean it (to give it to our chickens) and one farmer stopped and told him that they had spilt more down the road (the farmers are suppose to clean up spills, so it's a win-win if they have us clean it, we help them, they help us). And then another farmer stopped and said they had a big pile next to a grain silo that he could clean up if he wanted.
Long story short, we ended up with about 500+lbs of cracked/whole corn! Now, yes, the corn isn't dried so we have to fight it as it keeps wanting to ferment and mold. But at least 200+lbs it's practically dried and is keeping fine, the rest we're offering free choice, all you can eat to the ducks and chickens. How awesome were those two farmers! God bless them!

Daddy and Spencer went hunting yesterday and got two deers, BOTH BUCKS! How blessed are we! We could really use the meat!

Fubar hasn't gone into rut yet, and on top of that Dorothy and Annabell haven't gone into heat either!

I had a really good Thanksgiving! I love visiting with family!

Samantha and I went our local Holidazzle Parade the 24th-it official started our Christmas season! Tomorrow is Lebanon's Horse Carriage Parade, Samantha and I are planning on seeing the 7pm parade so we're going to leave here real early and do some shopping and stuff before....I have a few Christmas crafts I can't wait to do, and I made an christmas scripture advent calender I'll be posting through December, along with a few other things; I can't wait! I love Christmas!!! 

Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24 

No comments:

Post a Comment