Thursday, September 20, 2012

Embracing Obscurity, By Anonymous

Embracing Obscurity: Becoming nothing in the light of God's everything, By Anonymous

First, yes you read that right, the book is by Anonymous.
"Choosing to reaming anonymous is not some ploy or gimmick to generate book sales.......I can only answer that I've come to realize embracing obscurity is not about wiping ourselves from existence but rather, voluntarily becoming nothing in the light of everything God is and has promised us. Why? So we can bring Him greater glory. It's about making Him, not ourselves, look good."

On my advance reading copy, some of the back cover reads (and I'm paraphrasing);
"You're nearly one in seven billion. One life, lived in relative obscurity. Are you okay with that? Most of us aren't. To live and die unnoticed by most of humanity seems a grave injustice, doesn't it? When it comes down to it, we don't want to be a nobody.Why else would we spend so much time trying to get ahead and gain admiration. To make a mark of something-anything.
Each of us needs a reminder that we're relatively unknown in the grand scheme of history. The good news is that unimportance is surprisingly good for the soul.
That's why you won't find my name anywhere on this book. I'm not trying to build a platform, raise a bunch of followers or seek any credit. I am letting myself fade into the background so that His glory can shine and His message can be heard.
Embracing Obscurity is a call to stop imitating the world's formula for success, and instead follow a different model; That of our Humble King. "

This book is a very easy and read I really enjoyed it. I really can't explain the book any better than above.
It was an interesting book and one that did make me think. This would be a great book to help you examine your own motives and see if your priorities need to be tweaked.. Also at the end of each chapter there are great discussion questions, which would make it a great group read.
I would advise everyone read this book, we're apart of a "look at me culture!" And it's very easy to get caught up in it, especially if you're "popular".

I won this book through LibraryThing Early Reviewers.  
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24


  

No comments:

Post a Comment