Tuesday, August 21, 2012

God of All Creation: A Book Review

God of All Creation; Life Lessons from Pets and Wildlife By James Robinson with James Randall Robinson.

With only 160 pages divided amongst 28 chapters it's a small(er) book.  At first glance, skimming the pages I see several sketches and lots of bible verses and God references.
 “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”—MATTHEW 6:26
"Heartwarming stories and winsome line drawings bring to the the lessons James has learned from his pets and creatures living in the wild. And through his inspiration and spiritual insights, you, too, will learn to know God's voice, to submit to him, and to trust Him with your every need." ~Taken from the back cover, this paragraph had me excited to read this book. From the very first chapter James jumps right into comparing lessons from pet to God;
"Often times, only my voice keeps Princess ({his mini dachshund}) from getting into trouble. If she listens and obeys, she will come back to the safety and provisions of her home. If not, all manner of trouble awaits............the same is true with people. Really, the question is not weather we will go astray. We will, because it it in our nature to do so. The question is, what we will do when God calls us back to His care? And, even more important, will we know God's voice when He does call?"
Written extremely well, a very easy read, this book stands out amongst all other "life lessons from pets book,". Why? James has a way of taking everything and relating it to God, his creative writing takes a simple thing and relates it so strongly to God, that you can't help but take his word to heart...Each chapter you not only enjoy James's relationship with an animal, but also how that animal can teach you so much about God, His amazing creation, and His love for you.
Being an animal lover I feel like this book has given me a better insight to the love, power, and wonder of God. Though not written as a Christian living book, I feel like this book can easily stand amongst that shelf (as well as the animal shelf).
If you've never read any type of  "life lessons from pets" type book, I would advise you start here. A must read for all- even if you're not an animal lover like me, just give this book a chance.

For more information about the book or author check out one of these three links below:
http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/catalog.php?isbn=9781400074594&format=book
http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/blog/2012/04/10/sneak-peek-god-of-all-creation-by-james-robison/
http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/author-spotlight.php?authorid=74980

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  I was asked to give my honest review on this book. This is my honest opinion of this book, if I didn't like it I would say so, it just so happened I really loved this book. 

Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

2 comments:

  1. I had seen this book and wondered about it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the review. Hope you have a wonderful week! :O)

    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome...I'm still new at reviewing books, so I hope that this review was somewhat helpful. :-)

      Delete