Monday, June 4, 2012

June

June....June already! To celebrate June the weather decided to be 68 and rainy June 1st. I am not complaining. I'd been hoping for a rainy day for a while-I'd been craving a movie day/lazy day-and I got my wish!
The weather May 31st, was wonderful- I went hiking with some friends-it was so nice to find time in everyone's busy schedule to get together!
A snake we saw while hiking.
Our dirty feet after taking our shoes off to cross a stream.
I still have the kids (who I've nick-named Copper and Tod), no takers yet...When Copper was born his back left leg (more like foot) was bent back, so when he walked, he walked on his ankle joint.
Because of that foot it knocked him off balance to where he was walking on three of his 'ankles'.
I gave him 24 hours to see if it'd fix it's self, but when it didn't I wrapped that one ankle. The moment I wrapped it Copper went from limping, falling and barely being able to stand to being able to run and jump (it was amazing!) I kept the foot wrapped for two days, and when I unwrapped it, the foot was all better. Copper was walking perfect.

Yesterday my family went to the Zoo. I love the zoo; when I was younger I wanted to own a zoo....but yeah, we went to the zoo. It was a lot of fun-it had been 5 years since I went to a zoo! I can't wait to go again (it was cheaper with our 7 member to buy a pass over tickets; so we now have a pass).
A golden pheasant!! I want one of these! You can buy them from some hatcheries but they're like 50 bucks a piece!
A flamingo
From Left: Colton, Dad, Me and Samantha
Two side notes; One, my dear friend is getting married June 16th- I'm so excited for her!!! And I'm thinking about moving (most of) my recipes onto a different blog....
Your Country Rose,
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment