Friday, May 4, 2012

When it's nice out, it's time to get busy

Hello my dear readers!
It's been a while since I've typed an actual blog; I've done quiet a few recipes recently; which I hope everyone tries and loves!

The past week has been a mixture of weather; one day we had a thunder storm that started at 9pm-ish and continued until 4am. At 1am the electricity went out (and of course it was extremely muggy out and I couldn't sleep because I wanted my fan on) and it didn't come back on until 5:54am.
Then there was another day that was nice and sunny out, and on those types of days everyone stays busy! Mom hoed the flower bed around the house, she also mowed areas of the yard.

Samantha spent the day, after school, mucking out part of the goat barn, because it was practically dirt we dumped some of it in a low spot in the goats field. Samantha also took loads of loose hay/straw into the duck pen; the duck pen gets really wet and muddy. Speaking of Samantha Wednesday was her last day of college this semester; she's super excited to be done for the summer.


Yesterday I gave Odysseus and Quartermaine a bath. Other than spraying myself in the face with the hose a few times, it went great-the horses both behaved.
There really isn't to much going on here; just the usual stuff....Sometimes when weeks go by and nothing eventful happens it can be a downer; but then there are times I think- I wish there was a pause button to life!
In moments of doubt close your eyes and imagine yourself and your life a year from now, then get back to work.
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment