Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today is an exciting day!

I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say why today is so exciting! I'll let you know at the end of the day!
But yeah, today is an exciting day, and if you've read my blog you might have a slight idea as to why today is exciting!

On a side note; the past few days Samantha and I have been hooking, staking, chaining, whatever you want to call it, our goats in the yard.
We take two to three at a time, put a collar on them, we bought those yard stake things for dogs, the ones that push into the ground and have nothing the dogs (or goats in our case) can get tangled on, tied a rope to them, attached a hook to the other end and hook it to the collar on the goats.

The first time the goats didn't like us leaving them, but, we had them hooked out near the porch, so we stayed on the porch while they were out, making sure that they don't get their legs tangled in the rope....Now, we hook them out and leave them. When the rope wraps around one of their legs, they calmly untangle themselves.
I've worked out, took a shower, ate breakfast and got on the computer all while my goats were in the yard. I do check on them occasionally and I'm extra careful if our dogs are out. But, yeah,it's really nice to be able to bring them into the yard and not have to be out there with them.

We're still trying to find someone to shear our ewes. We've posted an ad, but still nothing!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment