Friday, April 20, 2012

Busy...Exciting...Busy

A lot has been going on here, and a lot is going to be going on here coming up.

The past three days I've gone and taken a CSR class.
My dad sells insurance and, when he gets his office, I'll be working for him as his CSR (customer service representative). Basically, I'll handle everything in the office, billing, quotes, filing, scanning, answering the phone, (cleaning the office) etc.

Samantha has her finals next week; she's both excited to be done with this semester and terrified of the finals.

We've been out of hay for the last week (and I haven't been able to find any for sale near us-the closest is 1-1/2 away and wants 9 bucks for grass hay square bale), so Samantha and I have been bringing the goats to the horse fields twice a day for a minimum of 1 hour each trip. We're also feeding them alfalfa cubes.

I started graining Dorothy this month- she's due next month, May 26th...I'm betting twins if not triplets-I will be shocked if she has just one!! I'm a little nervous, hopefully we don't get a repeat of last years kidding..I'm so worried I'll go out and she'll of had another underdeveloped kid like Tianna...  

We wormed all the goats (and sheep) earlier this month, and we're gonna worm them again May 1st.

 I've been meaning to paint the duck house but it's been either rainy, windy or I've been busy of the nice days. It's on my to do list because the wood isn't treated and you can already see the wear even  though it's not a year old yet!
We will be getting our ram lamb around May 1st and what we are gonna do is muck out the boys stall (all clean and fluffy for the little boy), and keep the lamb in there and let the boys run free in the rest of the barn-which brings me to another thing- I need to clean up that area of the barn so the boys can be kept there safely....we'll only keep them this way until they are use to each other.
Another thing on my to do list is take down all the heat lamps, clean them up and put them away for the season.

One this Samantha and I need to do this year is build a lambing stall for the ewes. The goats are more aggressive and we worry that when the sheep lamb next year that the goats might injure the lamb...we have the space and material, so we'd rather be safe than sorry...

This next Friday (April 27th), Samantha, mom, dad and I are going to the ballet! 'The Princess and the Pea'. And then this next Sunday (April 29th) my mom, one of her friends, Samantha and I are going to Apassionata (http://www.apassionata.com/usa/). We're super excited, we saved and saved looking forward to both, and finally got enough for both tickets!!! I will say, we do wish that they were spread out more, not on the same weekend!


Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment