Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Tianna

March 8th was Tianna's first birthday. As I gave her a hug and (yes) wished her a happy birthday I couldn't help but be brought back to the day she was born... 
Samantha and I headed out a little later than usual to do chores that evening, when we made it to the barn we discovered Dorothy had kidded (only) a week early but the kid, a beautiful doeling, was under developed.
Her stiff movements and her struggle to latch onto the bottle made it so hard for me to put her down or leave her side. She was so small, and for the first two weeks of her life I barely slept, in fear that I'd wake up and she'd be dead.
But my little Tianna is a fighter and has grown to be a beautiful, sweet, loving doe.
The day Tianna was born.
  
Tianna a week or two old.
Tianna a few months old.
Tianna several months old.
Me and Tianna in November.
Happy Birthday Tianna!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment