Monday, March 5, 2012

Count down till babys

Annabell's official due date is today, now if she kids today or not, I'm not sure.
We're thinking Tuesday or Wednesday, but we've had the does surprise us before.
Since Annabell was bred, I've been saying two girls one boy, I'd say three girls but I don't want to jinx's it. Samantha is thinking a boy and a girl....fingers crossed it's not like last year which was two (beautiful) boys.

We got more hay in Tuesday, which was harder than it sounds. The guy we get our hay from was out so we had to find another person and because people know that when you're looking for hay at the end of February you must be desperate they charge crazy prices. People were wanting 50 bucks for a 4X5 round bale-we pay 20 for that size.
Thankfully after lots of looking, we were able to find round bales for 40 bucks that were double the size we normally get.

The other night after I fed my polish hens, I went back to bring them their water and I noticed that one of my hens was just laying there.
Turns out she had gotten the bottom part of her beak caught under the chicken feeder feed divider and because we have it hung and they had dug away all the bedding from underneath it, she had slipped and was stuck...she's all fine and dandy now, but my only thought it, great, yet another thing to have to worry about.

It has been beautiful this past week, at one point it was almost 70 outside! Today took a turn though, snow, yep white powdery stuff is covering the grass. Thankfully it's melting and tomorrow we're back in the 50's!
Plants are starting to show there faces, peaking out from the dirt. The tree and brush lined roads are starting to green, and we're able to start leaving the chicken door open at night (remember they're enclosed in a chicken wire pen, which is set in another fenced area).

If you are wondering why I have posted so many recipes and not to many blogs lately it's because of the weather.
On a farm there's only so much you can do when it windy and freezing outside. And I don't want to post a boring blog (not much has been going on), so, I post something useful; tried and true recipes (I also use my blog as a backup in case I loose the paper I have the recipe written on).
Also, I want to apologize for the bad pictures of the food, as I have said before, I'm not a food photographer, but I promise that though the picture isn't great the food is!

Love and warm wishes!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment