Tuesday, March 13, 2012

70's and Sunny

Today was beautiful, warm, sunny, just plain gorgeous!
Even though I fear I might be catching was Samantha had, I refused to let it affect me today!
Spencer started working on the animal barn (where the goats, sheep and chickens are kept), it's been neglected for so many years it's almost past the stage of just needing fixed in places to needing seriously repaired (almost). Beams are starting to warp, the roof starting to bow in, Spencer sure knows how to fix things...don't ask me how he knows, he just does!
I set up our chicken tractor and moved my polish hens, Samantha's cochin hens and our barred rock rooster out of the 'back coop'.

We've kept them separate from all the other chickens all winter, not wanting to deal with the roosters and hens fighting also because we were afraid that the older chickens might chase the newbies out into the cold and not let them back inside.
I let boys (Snafu and Fubar) into the back field to graze, they get so excited when let back there! 
I also let the other goats (the ones we keep in the 'animal' barn-Dorothy, Sophie, Awol, Handsome, Tianna, etc. and also the sheep) out into the yard to graze for two hours.
I tossed the ball for Denmark for a while; I tell you that dog loves to play fetch!

 While I played with Denmark, I also let the doeling outside to play; isn't she pretty!
It's so pretty! I really can not believe all this next week is suppose to be in the 70's!

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment