Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sitting in the Sun

We've really lucked out so far this winter; though we have had a good snow or two, the snow didn't last more than two days before it just melted away.
This past week we've been in the 40's (at times in the 50's), it's so nice to look out and see all the animals enjoying the welcoming warm rays of the sun. Even as I write this, I'm sitting in the kitchen in the sun.
Since my past few posts have been recipes, I decided to give everyone a quick update (though there isn't much to update...);
This past week Samantha turned 20.
Remington has a job now, but it's over an hour away so he's looking into buying a house with three of his friends (he's getting 8 hour days (he can work doubles if he wants))-5 days a week, and the pay will be 10 bucks next month so, it'll probably save him money living up there rather than driving back and forth.
Annabell is due early next month, and Dorothy is due late May.

****(Took a break from blogging-I'm now finishing it right before bed)****
I made a wonderful dinner tonight; I'll blog the recipes later; they are super simple and I've made them many times before!
While watering the goats tonight, as Samantha and I were finishing chores, I noticed that Momma Cat's (the mom of the two barn kittens) tail was missing! Gone! All that was left was a tiny stub!
We noticed over the past few weeks, that her tail looked as if it was broken, then she started loosing the hair on her tail, then came scabs and more hair loss.
Samantha and I were saying that it looked like something got it, maybe she got in a fight or caught in a fence...
She'd been missing for a several days, and two days ago, she was back in the loft waiting for food; she stayed away from the edge (she's always very skittish), but I was able to notice that she had lost a lot of weight, like she did when she had kittens, so I assumed she must of had a litter some where...
My bet is that her tail got infected and she left to find a safer spot to 'deal with it' (away from the now grown kittens and the many sharp goat and sheep hooves) and it either fell off or she chewed it off (getting rid of the dead tail)....it's so sad to see; she seems healthy now, she's gained weight, her hair is healthy and she's walking and running about the barn fine.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment