Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Years everyone!!!
Now that my 25 Days of Christmas Goodies is done; I can start blogging about other things.  If you followed my Christmas thing, I'm sure you notice my Christmas themed background well, I finally found one for the remaining winter months (I found several I love for Spring).

First off, I'll catch you up on what's been going on here...
Up until the 1st of January, we've have very mild weather, usually staying around the 40's. The new year brought the cold; we had out first real snow fall Sunday night (we've had snow before but just a very light dusting), a good few inches.
The chicks we got this year; the two cochins and the two polish hens, have started laying.
We're not sure why they decided to start laying during winter time but we also got our first eggs from our runner ducks.

With the new year, usually brings new year resolutions...and I have made some for this year, but first, why wait until the new year to start bettering yourself? June 1st is just as good as January 1st.
My new year resolutions are pretty basic, and some aren't quite a typical resolution...
  1. Read the bible everyday (even if it's just one verse)
  2. Pray everyday
  3. Exercise 6 days a week; I usually have this on my resolution list. But this year I'm gonna be beach ready before spring! I'm tired of hating my body and only I can change it. (I'm following a program this year, beach body in 90 days! It's gonna be hard but so worth it!)
  4. Limit my calorie intake to 2,500 (it's according to the program I'm following)
  5. This is one of the strange ones...when I purchase new clothing (it doesn't matter how many shirts/jeans i get) I have get rid of (donate/giveaway) at least one article of clothing. This keeps my closet cleans out of shirts/jeans I don't really like or wear and makes room for clothing I truly love. 
I head a good idea somewhere if the whole 'new year resolution' sounds intimidating. Instead of a new year, do a new month resolution...

Back in December I became a addict. I'm so addicted I can't stop....I'm addicted to Pinterest. Never heard of it? Seriously? Pinterest is (to quote the Pinterest website)
"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."
It is so much fun!!! I had to request an invite (took 1-to-2 months for me to get one), but I can send invitations to friends and then they can join right away...so, even if I don't know you and you want to join asap just send me a message...and if you already happen to be apart of the addiction-
Follow Me on Pinterest


Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

    No comments:

    Post a Comment