Sunday, January 15, 2012

30 day challenge

It's Sunday; and Sunday means Church.
Today began a new series called 'Thrive"; God doesn't just want you to survive in this world He wants you to thrive in it! Just a thought I wanted to share and I wanted to challenge you; for 30 days, think of it how some families do the one week no cell phone or TV thing; I challenge you to read the bible everyday, pray everyday, go to church ever Sunday, listen to only Christian music, read chapter books that are pure, and when you watch a movie choose one that's good for your heart and soul, after all the more you see or hear something the more you except it and the more you become like it.
If it helps ask your self, would I want to watch this movie with Jesus. I reference Plugged In a lot before I go and see a movie; though I will say that some reviewers are really...over dramatic? But most give you the facts about the movie and leave it up to you about going to see it.
Yes this will be hard, but if it was easy everyone would do it. I challenge you to try it; just 30 days, 15 days, even 7 days and see how it changes you.

This past week was the first time it really felt like winter this year; 20* at the warmest and the wind was forcing the snow sideways. We put the blankets on the horses and turned the heat lamp on for the goats and chickens.
It's such a pain having to fill up water jugs for the animals, but I do what I have to to insure that my animals have what they need to survive winter (It's a good thing you can't house train most farm animals, because they'd end up inside with me on cold winter days).

I've been having fun this past week crocheting things; I made a newborns hat and baby booties (I don't know what I'm going to do with them; but they were fun and quick to make.)
I wish canvas and paint wasn't so expensive; I'd take up painting....I'm hoping to get one of our key boards in my room to start learning some songs on the piano.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment