Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 21: The Mall

If you didn't tell from the title, today, I didn't make anything (remember-I said there would be two days I wouldn't bake, the first was the horse carriage parade and this is the second.)
Today, my mom, Samantha and I went to the mall, Half Price Books, Payless and JCpennys.
The only thing I bought today were books from Half Price....

As we walked through the mall, I could help but notice all the bags other people we carrying and if I had to guess the bags likely contained gifts. Some of the bags were see through and others I knew the store by name, and all I can say is, money, money, money!
I won't deny, I wish I could just spend and not budget during Christmas, but...I'm really happy with the gifts I got my family.
All the gifts I chose (and made) came from the heart. I spent probably less that 80 bucks this year on gifts for six people--that's like 13 bucks a person! That's way less than what I spent last year!
I'm never impressed by the value of the gift, what impresses me is the thought and/or time put into that gift.


When people ask, "what's the worse gift you received", I here people say, "oh, socks or underwear."
I come from a family where, I was very thankful to get undies or socks (I could always use a new pair)...the worse gift I got was at a Home School co-op Christmas gift exchange (I was 13). Everyone brings a wrapped gift in and everyone places all the gifts in a pile, each person can go and choose one gift, people brought in great gifts- DVDs, books, jewelry, candy, hats, etc...well I went up and chose a box that one of my friends brought...I opened it up and it was a Jessie doll (from Toy Story 2) that had it's butt chewed off by her dog...my friend laughed and found it oh so funny- but I was very upset (of course I hid it).

This past Monday, my mom (and us kids) finally convinced my dad to go to the hospital. He was huffing and puffing just getting up from a chair. He went in and found out he has several clots in his legs, one clot is two-to-three inches long. He also was told that is kidneys aren't working right. They omitted him to run more tests. He came home yesterday and has more appointments this Friday....so, if everyone reading this could please just keep my dad in your prayers I'd really appreciate it!
 
With love, Merry Christmas everyone!!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment