Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1: Pumpkin Cupcakes w/Cream Cheese Frosting

So; today begins the big 25 days of Christmas Goodies! It also begins my sort on Christmas Advent Calender..... hope you enjoy and have fun!!!!We're begin this month with a yummy (and easy to make) cupcake:
Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
Sorry for the picture, it's not the best; I didn't clean up as I went so the table was mess by the end.
Click the link below for the recipe!
Twin Oaks Country Kitchen Pumpkin Cupcakes
----------------------------
The word "advent" comes from the Latin word "adventus" which means "arrival" and refers to Jesus' coming. Hundreds of years before Jesus' birth prophets in the Old Testament predicted that a savior would be born.

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14 (NIV)

"But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,are only a small village among all the people of Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past. The people of Israel will be abandoned to their enemies until the woman in labor gives birth. Then at last his fellow countrymen will return from exile to their own land. And he will stand to lead his flock with the Lord’s strength, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. Then his people will live there undisturbed, for he will be highly honored around the world." Micah 5:2-4 (NLT)

The advent calender has been around for more than 150 years. People have different ways of doing advent calenders; gifts, events, treats, picture, etc... My family has never done an advent calender, I think when I have a family I'd like to figure out one for my family to do; I'm not sure what type, (I'll probably make up one) but I know I really want it to focus on (as cheesy as the saying is) the reason for the season- the birth of Jesus Christ...

OK, so, I love Christmas songs, so I'm going to be posting "the song of the days".
Todays song is, "It's beginning  to Look a lot like Christmas", it doesn't matter the singer, from the classic Bing Crosby to a new singer with a classic voice Michael BublĂ©. It's December, my room decorated, the horse carriage parade's coming up, I have almost all my gifts together, and we'll be getting our tree next week, it is defiantly begging to look a lot like Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment