Monday, November 7, 2011

Work Hard (Or Hardly Workin')?

The place where I work (well, worked, their last day of the season was October 31) had a bunch of left over pumpkins in their "store" so they asked (just like last year) if Samantha and I wanted to come and get them for our animals. They also asked if we wanted to get some pumpkins from their 'pick-your-own' patch. And if we wanted to get some corn from there corn maze. We of course said yes!
So last Friday, Samantha and I went and filled the truck with all their pumpkins from the store; our truck was full-both the bed and the cab!!! We were able to get (when we got home we discovered it was) an entire wheel barrel full of corn!
Fridays Haul of Pumpkins
We set our clocks back yesterday so it's getting darker earlier. Not sure how I feel about this; if it was cold and ugly out, I'd be fine with is because then I would hunker down and watch a movie...but when it's pretty out having it get dark at six is frustrating!

Yesterday (same with today and the past four days) was so nice; so after church, right before chores, I decided to go for a ride. I took Quartermaine into the field so I could trot him. It was so much fun; but man am I sore today!
Today after Samantha got back from college, we went and got more pumpkins- we got an entire cab full and half a bed full. BUT (using the wheel barrel to show how much) after two hours pulling corn from the standing stalks (dry corn leaves are evil!) we brought home six wheel barrel fulls! How awesome is that!!!! We are so thankful for the owners of that farm to let us 'clean up' some of their 'leftovers'!! I'll get a picture of the huge pile tomorrow- we had to unload in the dark! See, some people would wonder why I would work so hard to get pumpkins and corn...my thought is; this isn't work- I'm hardly working because I'm doing this with love for my animals...I doing this to feed my animals for free, all I have to do is gather everything....
 
The goats (and sheep) love pumpkins!
Handsome and Naomi enjoying a pumpkin!
Handsome's adorably pumpkin stained face

Awol and Handsome sharing a pumpkin
Even one of the barn kittens (now almost full grown) is enjoying the pumpkins!
Who knew animals enjoyed playing Twister!
Just plain cute!
 Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment