Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Holiday at a Time

First off- I haven't forgotten, I will get those pictures of how many pumpkins we've brought home, I just have to get them uploaded to my computer.

Now; as everyone knows, I love Christmas; it is the best and my absolute favorite holiday! But something I've noticed over the past few years is how, come November, according to the stores; it's time to start getting ready for Christmas.
Walmart has Christmas music playing already (which for me, is nice, I love Christmas music-though I like to wait for December before I really start listening to it) and we have a local radio station that has started playing Christmas music.
I'm all for Christmas but, doesn't November have a holiday in it? Yeah...oh, what is it....um, something about being thankful for what you have (opposite message of Christmas which is-spend, spend, spend)....oh, yes, Thanksgiving! Yeah, there is a holiday in November, Thanksgiving!
Now; I have never shopped at Nordstrom (remember, I'm a thrift store/sales rack girl). And I'm not supporting or advertising them, but I do love this....sign that is at there doors. I found it by 'stumbling' the other day and I loved it!
Why are there so many people skipping Thanksgiving? It's a great holiday! First off, you don't have to buy anything for it, rather than food. You don't have to decorate.....
Thanksgiving (to me), is about being thankful. Being thankful for what ever you have. I'm thankful for my awesome family, my animals, God and Jesus, I'm thankful that I can freely worship without fear of being arrested or killed. I'm thankful for the free pumpkins we got, I'm thankful my dad has a job now! I'm thankful that my grandma and grandpa helped us out while my dad was out of work. I'm thankful that Samantha was able to get so many grants and scholarships to make going to college possible (she really wanted to go and with out them would not of been able to). I'm super thankful that Samantha and I were still able to go to TN after our original plans fell through. I'm thankful for libraries (I love books)....I'm thankful our grapes did so well (homemade grape jelly is the best!)....I'm thankful Tianna lived.....the list can go on and on.
My point is; don't forget Thanksgiving. Be thankful everyone.

So....I know I just went off about remembering Thanksgiving, but I wanted to add this; come December 1st I'll be starting a 25 days of Christmas thing. I'm going to cook a different dessert everyday for 25 days! Cakes, cookies, pies, fudge, yule logs, yum! It's going to be so much fun!!   
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment