Monday, November 21, 2011

I have something that I need to share!

First off- Thanksgiving is just a few days away, so, Happy Thanksgiving. As usual, my family and I will head over to my Grannies and have dinner there; I can't wait! I love visiting my Granny and I love eating so it's a win win for me!!
OK, so, yes, something to share...well, November 12th was Ohio's National Poultry Show.
Samantha and I decided to head over to see it (we were quite proud of ourselves driving there; even more so than driving to TN because Columbus is a lot of highways merging and stuff)....so after looking at all the cool poultry and seeing all the booths set up, we headed over to see the 'sales' area (ok, ok, we went to the sales section first), where breeders bring bird that they want to sell (I guess the name explains what goes on at the sales area).
We wanted to buy a goose, but, first off, we didn't have a place to keep it (remember we have tiny call ducks) and I would have had to of held them on the way home (we only brought small dog crates).
But we found another poultry we'd been wanting...runner ducks!!!! We found two blue hens for sale for a great price, but at first the guy wanted to sell a pair (at the Ohio National breeders usually sell in pairs and we didn't want a drake) but, because he didn't have a blue drake he sold us the two hens!
I have a runner duck! I have a runner duck!!! I think she's so pretty!

Right after purchase.
The call ducks on their old makeshift home.
Samantha with her hen.
My hen! Oh; my hair isn't cut it's just tucked in my coat.


 
 Aren't they cute!!! When we first put them in with the calls, the calls acted like the runners were Godzilla! It was both funny and sad at the same time because the runner hens wanted to be with the calls...now, thankfully, they all hangout together.
We're still working on names for them....

A few days ago while on the way home my dad hit a deer with his motorcycle, the deer ran off (bruised but OK) my dad said his bike didn't even move, upon reaching our driveway he pulled in, hit a patch of mud and he fell over....well, on the way to work Friday, he broke his seventh rib when his motorcycle hit a frosty tar 'snake' on the road causing him to fall, hit his head and do a couple somersaults. Thankfully it's his helmet that is broken and not his head...
Spencer is getting ready to go hunting; sadly it looks like dad won't be able to go with him this year. Every time my dad moves he can feel his broken rib clacking together; he even sleeps in him computer chair because it hurts to much to get in and out of bed.

So...now you're caught up...I've been working on my list for my 25 days of Christmas Goodies...I can't wait to begin that!!! Yummies!!!!

Goodnight world, and remember, love, forgive and be thankful!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment