Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Time in Between

You were there when your Father said
Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered
Son, You have to leave tonight
To spend nine months in a mothers womb
Three days in a borrowed tomb

(Chorus One)
But it’s the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me
And all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank You for the time in between

Don't take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says You’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again

(Chorus Two)
But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song’s incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between

So many ways
Your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all
(Chorus 3)
But it’s the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It’s the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between
~By Francesca Battistelli

This song gives me chills.
The time in between is where we are right now; earth. As the song says, "You obeyed when He whispered Son, You have to leave tonight." 
Jesus came from Heaven- from a place so perfect and amazing we can't even imagine! He came from heaven to earth, knowing what His purpose was. Jesus, the only perfect being on earth, came to die for me a sinner...the idea of someone dieing for me makes me sad, but then thinking what Jesus went through for me (and you) just...it makes me ashamed of my self. It makes me want to better my self, it makes me want to make Jesus and God proud. Like a six year old at his first soccor game looks into the crowd to see if his parents are smiling (and proud), I want to know that I'm making God and Jesus proud...that I'm not letting them down, wasting my life...letting Jesus die in vain.

And the enemy of my soul Says You’re holding out on me, So I stand here lifting empty hands, For you to fill me up again. Have you ever had a moment like this? Standing there looking in the mirror you hear "He made others pretty and made you plain". Heading to you job you hear "He favors others over you giving them six figure salary's and giving you a five figure one." Even standing in church you hear, "He gave them beautiful voices and gave you one of a howler monkey." Satan's demons are sly creatures, they know your weakness and they want you to doubt and slowly start turning from God; after all, that's their job.
When you start feeling plain compared to others; first, stop comparing, then (as the song says) talk to God! Raise your hands and pour out your heart! God made everything beautiful! God made you how he wanted you to be! And money; so yeah, they make more, but she never has time for her kids, where you are with them all the time. Again pray! And don't be ashamed, cut coupons, shop sales, Good Will, and hit yard sales! Singing....I love singing, and I can sing, but I'm the one who sounds like nail on a chalk board....but God doesn't care; the bible has so many versus about singing to God; God loves it when we sing...and again, remember, God made you how He wanted you to be!

 Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment