Monday, September 5, 2011

This is hard for me to Write...

....I really don't want to type this post....the words refuse to form sentences in my head.......but I need to get it over with..... Yesterday....we had the vet out to put Lynwy down.....the antibiotics didn't work; and she had lost even more weight; she was just skin and bones...
My Aunt and Uncle were down visiting my Granny, so mom, Samantha and I went to visit and dad stayed to help the vet....we just can't be out there...it broke our heart enough to know that she was going to be dead by night fall.....
We were trying to find someone with a backhoe on Saturday, but it was late when we finally found someone (friend of a friend) so we just planned on doing it Sunday-yesterday.
Dad said when the vet came out that he was one hundred percent positive we were making the right decision.
I want to share this poem my sister found...it's the best way to describe what we're feeling... I went through and changed the hes and hims to hers and shes.

 Last Gift ~ Autumn Mann
She looked to me, eyes beseeching,
A tired soul, not quite reaching.
... Her time had come to move along.
To ease his pain I must be strong.

A loyal friend, a quiet ride,
Who always showed a gentler side.
The time had come to say goodbye,
To let her go, and let her fly.

Her youth was gone; she could not soar,
Her body aged, her health so poor.
A final gift had I to share,
A quiet death with love and care.

You will be deeply missed Lynwy!

I'll see you again someday Lynwy! You were such a beautiful horse! I love you so much; say hello to Isobell and Sugar for me! Have fun playing in those pastures in heaven!
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment