Friday, September 9, 2011

Let's take a ride

Today Samantha and I went horseback riding; Samantha on Tayla and I was on Quartermaine; Samantha rode western, I rode English. It was a lot of fun; the first time in a LONG time we rode together. The only thing is that we had (yet another) stray cat appear last night and was still here today; this cat (a black and white; intact, male) is the sweetest thing EVER! He has a limp and you can feel in his right shoulder where it was broken at one point...well, he followed us (not afraid of the horses) as we rode, so we couldn't stop because he kept wanting to rub against the horses legs! He also, almost, got trampled as he ran through the round pen (where we had the rest of the horses penned as we rode).

Mom's getting me cheese cloth tonight; which I need to make grape jelly and cheese. I've never made either so, this will be an adventure.

We discovered today that the kittens like to play onto of the chicken run; not just on the frame, but on the wire...it's really cute, but I keep hoping I put enough staples and zip ties in it to keep it fall braking apart and having the kitten fall into the chicken pen.

Tomorrow my sister and I are going to The Corn Festival; we've never been so this is going to be fun. We might meet up with some friends there too.

After we're going to head into town to TSC (we're out of chicken food), and I'm going run into Goodwill to see what they have.

I now have two recipes I want to get on here...I just need to get to it...

I have decided to dry Dorothy up. She's milk (at most) half a quart a day. She was never a good milker this year (since she had Tianna early). I've tried increasing her feed, which only caused her to take longer to eat (she's a slow eater). And I figure since I'm paying at least thirteen bucks for a bag off feed, and then (ignoring the fact I have to go out and milk her ever morning), I have to wash the pail, which uses soap...it's just not worth it...
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment