Thursday, September 8, 2011

I still miss her....

Well, it's been fours days today since we had to put Lywny down...when we do chores there's a unspoken hushed tone....it's the time of grieving where we really don't want to talk about the fact she's gone...We realized yesterday that we never got a lock of her mane-which really makes us upset...at least we have pictures...it's hard to "get on with life" when some thing so dear to you passes....it freaks me out even starting to imagine a close family member passing. I know that since my family believes in God that their souls are saved and that I'll see them again someday, but, it still hurts just the same.

It rained all day yesterday, a good day to get things done; a good day to accomplish tasks and check off items on lists...what did I do? What great things did I finish? Nothing...I sketched a "ghost image" onto canvas yesterday; it's where I take a pencil and draw what I want to paint, a sort of outline, to make sure that the image I'm thinking of will look right, and painted it today ( I'll try to get a picture of it and upload it  for y'all to see).
I have another recipe to blog about; I'll try to get it up tomorrow...

I wish I could blog about something exciting; going hiking, skiing taking some lessons or classes, buying something neat...or even putting up more fencing, fixing a gate or canning food...but I have nothing. Just like today, my life is cloudy and lonely feeling lately. Samantha has college (which is all she talks about), one of my best friends is busy working a lot and she's also the one getting married, so she is always busy (I haven't seen her since July 15), my other best friend (though home schooled) is still in high school so she's pretty busy.

It gets to be very frustrating when hanging out with family and siblings and cousins are talking about this and that to our aunts and uncles. Talking about college, classes, professors or that one funny kid in the class...and me? "So, Gabrielle what have you been up to?"....me, "nothing".
Oh, well, I know someday I'll be wishing I could time travel back to now and enjoy the lack of excitement..

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment