Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2 a.m. Friend

Church this past Sunday the pastor was talking about how Christians aren't meant to be alone in the walk; and how the bible talks about doing things together.
The church I go to is a 'baby church'; its grand opening was back in...April (or around that time).
They're getting ready to start catalysts communities (small groups), where they pray people will make friendships deeper than that of a normal friend, a person they liked to call a 2 a.m. friend. Someone that if at 2 a.m you needed support, someone there to talk to, to hug you, to help you, this person would be there asap.
And I just it a very interesting idea...really making me stop and look at the friendships I have so far...causing me to wonder if this person or that person would be mad I called so late....it's an interesting topic...

I made and canned grape jelly this week- what so and so yummy!! I also canned a quart of grape juice...we still have a ton of grapes to pick, so I'll be making more jelly or juice this week.
Gemma had her first heat cycle this past week. I rode Quartermaine again this week. Mom's started cleaning up the garden...
I feel like I'm forgetting something....oh, yes, my mom, dad, and sister, Samantha, went to the pre-screening of Courageous- it's a great movie! A must see for dads...really, everyone needs to see it! It's family friendly (a Christian movie) and has a point to it, the movie has a meaning!!! As a note though, bring tissues if you're a cryer because I'm not one who gets choked up easily but I was fighting tears at times.

This weekend is the wool gathering ( a place where spinners, weavers, shearers get together and sell items/teach), I can't wait to go again!!!
Hehe, I wanted to share this a friend shared...

To all the ladies who are in a hurry to have a boyfriend or get married, a piece of Biblical advice: " Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz." While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don't settle for any of his relatives; Broke-az, Po-az, Lyin-az, Cheating-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Cheap-az, Lockedup-az, , Goodfornothingaz, Lazyaz, and especially his third cousin Beatinyouaz. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz....

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment