Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pop-up Thunderstorms

All day yesterday there was a warning out for pop-thunderstorms- and for the longest time the rain kept missing us...
After a while though; it started to mist; then sprinkle then rain....and then a light rain turned into a good down pour; which we were very excited about because our pastures and garden needed rain...
But then it turned into thick, heavy rain...then the wind started to pick up. The rain was so thick and the wind so strong we couldn't see out our windows.
Then it got scary; I was looking out our back door and saw a few small branches starting to fly past (nothing to be concerned about they were just twigs), then the heavy bench that sat our our porch tipped over and started sliding. At that point I started to move away from the door, when I noticed a branch fall past the window; I grabbed Mushu (holding him to protect him); and then I felt something hit my back; and cups were tipping over (spilling the ice and sending the ice flying across the room)....mom thought the windows had broken in (because the flying ice looked like glass). The screen from the back door was blow out of place; and that's what hit my back. Samantha was up stairs and said that when the wind started to pick up it was making a scary noise coming in through the cracks where the a/c unit was in the window; and then she said that the wind actually blew the unit out of the window and into our room!!!!
A large dead branch had fallen from the tree missing the kitchen window; and, sadly, we lost the top (a good 15') of the tree that was blocking my bedroom window from the intersection.

Of course after the rain passed; I immediately made my way out to check on all the animals...everyone survived...though; the goats and sheep were terrified to come outside; but I showed them it was OK....I always worry about my animals in moments like that...I have these fears that one will get stuck out in the rain; or the barn will collapse onto them.

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment