Saturday, July 2, 2011

Today I don't feel like doing anything...

Have you ever heard the song by Bruno Mars, called "The Lazy Song"? (Find it on youtube, the music video is very amusing).
Normally, I can't stand not doing anything- it's a waste of a day. But today; today, I woke up and truly, felt like doing...nothing. It wasn't hot, hot (but it wasn't pretty). It wasn't sunny....still; I didn't feel like doing anything...
Google Image
I did my morning chores (which I usually enjoy doing, but not this time-they just seemed like they took forever.)
I did feel like (and I enjoyed) doing my daily workout (walked at least a mile, Pilate's, stretching, squats, and weight training.)
After that....nothing...I went upstairs (where my room has a window a/c) and just sat on my bed all day....playing with my cats, doing my nails....checking facebook....all day, nothing...and you know what? It was nice...for once I was lazy and didn't feel guilty at all!
Google Image
One thing with a farm though, is, you can't have true lazy days...goats need milked, chickens need fed, buckets need filled with water....As a farmer, you have to be very careful to some what (though today was not planned) , plan when to have a lazy day.
In example? Well, you can't have a lazy day during, kidding time, planting time or harvesting time-you just can't put those things off.
Google Image
Everyone is entitled to a lazy day- a day to do whatever you want; read, watch TV, sleep, just laying in bed and looking at the ceiling, or listening to God (though to me; this is doing something very important!). The key to balancing these days with productive days...like, if it was raining for the past two days, you're limited in what you can do, don't wait until it's pretty out to decide to have a lazy day.
How do you spend you lazy days?
Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment