Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm Excited (Road Trip Part 1)

I'm extremely excited.
Why? Well; Monday, the 1st of August; Samantha and I are going on a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
The planning for this started back in December when my best friend got engaged. And with Samantha going to college this fall (the end of August actually); we all (my two best friends (practically my sisters) and Samantha) decided to go on a road trip somewhere...to go on the trip BEFORE all these big milestones in our lives...just the four of us on a new adventure!
So, I've been doing research, planning, comparing prices and printing maps for the last SEVEN months...wow, that's a lot of time to plan for a four night trip!!!!

Well, my two best friends bailed yesterday, I'm not sure why, but I'm sure there's a good reason because they know how hard I've been working on this trip, and I know they'd never bail without a good reason...though I have no problem saying, I am really, REALLY ticked off at them...I mean, 6 days before, really?!?

So; Samantha and I scrambled to figure out what to do; after all we were splitting the trip four ways...but after spending all day yesterday thinking, calculating, and checking our very low bank accounts...we figured out a way to still go on the trip!

The entire point of this trip was suppose to be a girl friend getaway trip....but, I guess things happen (though I wish I knew sooner) and Samantha and I are determined to have a fun trip.

We're now staying three nights in Gatlinburg, TN. Wanna know how the agenda looks?
August 1st; We leave home for TN at 10am; when we get to TN, we're just gonna check into the hotel, and hang out around there...explore the hotel, maybe go swimming...
August 2nd; A Day for hiking and exploring The Great Smoky National Park!!!
August 3rd; Shopping!!! Gatlinburg has so many neat shops to check out!!!
August 4th; We'll check out of the hotel, and then we're going to head on over to the Ripley's Aquarium, after that we're gonna have lunch at The Hard Rock Cafe...and then we're heading on home.

Now you may be wondering, who's taking care of you animals? My mom and dad offered to; they wanted us to have a chance to have an adventure.
But, what if your truck brakes down or you hit a deer?
Well, first of all, I don't live my life on 'what ifs', I live my life trusting in God....but I also, come prepared. I'm going to borrow I.C.E. money from my brother. And Gatlinburg is only 5 hours away, so, if something was to happen and we needed a parent there, my dad already said he'd come down...and plus, in Gatlinburg, we're only two hours from my grandma, so if the truck did break down, and our stay at the hotel was up, she'd come get us....I'm planning this trip like, IF something was to happen, just roll with it, it's not a big deal...I'll handle it just like my parents would if they were there...after all I am 21...and there are kids living in apartments, all by themselves at that age...

So, yeah, though the entire point of the trip is a bust, Samantha and I are not going to stay sad and let it ruin our trip...so, count down till we leave is now in motion...and I still need to run to the store and get things that my friends were suppose to bring, in addition to the things I said I'd bring...I need to deposit some money, and I need to get animals feed (not to bring on the trip, but for our animals here of course).

Gabrielle W.
"The Lord directs the steps of a christian. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalms 37:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment